Planking can be fun! Off you go!
1. Hands on the mat, shoulder-distance apart. Shoulders over wrists, align the wrist creases parallel to the front of the mat. Fingers spread.
2. Breathe. It is easy to forget! Just breathe.
3. Engage the arms. Press the mat away from you and draw the tricep muscles in towards each other.
4.Remain spacious through the shoulders and neck. Draw the shoulder blades down the back.
5. Engage the belly. Draw the navel in and up towards the spine. Let your hips be as high as your shoulders.
5. Long Legs. Create a long line of energy through thighs and out feet. Press the tops of the thighs up and as you do this, stretch heels back. Drop your knees to the ground to modify this pose.
6. Shine crown energy. Crown of the head forward while the tail and heels lengthen back.
Plank is strengthening. With regular practice, you will find yourself growing stronger, both on and off the mat! Have fun!
where we are
493 Domino Lane, Roxborough PA 19128